How to set up your own website to support your students and career
Workshop Rm 404 Sunday 2:00 pm – 3:10 pm
Abstract: Having a professional web presence is now common for teachers and academics overseas. These provide access to handouts, downloadable files, updates, and to display an online résumé. Setting up and maintaining a personal website is not difficult. This workshop will demonstrate WordPress basics including installing and updating, creating and editing posts, pages, and more. No coding skills are assumed. A free HTML5 index page will be available to attendees.
Please get these before the presentation begins
- Download and install a free html code editing program, if you don’t already have one try Brackets.io.
- Free basic home page: JALTCALL2018_index.html. (right-click, “Save link as…”. To edit, open the download folder, right click on the file, “Open with Brackets” or other editing program).
- If you already have a WordPress site, download the WordPress iOS or Android app.
- Presentation/Workshop PowerPoint slides, 20180610_How_to_setup_your_own_website.pdf.
- A creative commons picture you’d like on your own homepage. Try pexels.com.